Sunday, May 30, 2010

the external, meandering brain

as i go on my external, meandering walks i reflect, in grand tradition, on my internal meandering jaunts...and why, over the course of my life, i've had dreams, ones that have not only come true, but have been true---objective--- about places and objects to which i have no real conscious attachment, or are tangential at best...well, not all....

examples:

while living in brooklyn, i was receiving a live feed in my sleep that my car was being broken into and stolen at that very moment [which it was]! in fact, i almost felt the glass breaking, of being impacted, as if my car and i were part of the same whole. however, forgiveness was immediately included in the witnessing---forgiveness was perhaps the real meaning of the reportage...somehow this higher consciousness perspective had enough compassion for me to report the event to me in my sleep, in essence, transferring the higher vantage to me....and, hey, if consciousness is conscious, it would almost have to do such a thing, no?

at college, in syracuse ny, i knew that my girlfriend at the time [my high school sweetheart] had been raped back in new jersey, 300 miles away...i had such bad headaches for 3 days that i was scheduled to get a brain scan...

for some reason, years ago i dreamed that the baseball field in the back of my grammar school was being flipped around, which....as you could probably guess.....actually happened...i pass it each day, now that i'm back in dumont...at the time of the dream i was living 275 miles away in boston...

probably for the same reason, i received first hand knowledge of the family circumstances of the house up the block from here...our families barely know each other, despite having lived on the same block for 40 years...but somehow i knew that the older children had moved back in with the mother after the father died. now, i see those older children [in their 50's] walk a dog up and down our common asphalt path each day....

all foreshadowing for my return home? the universe winking at me, a flirtatious reminder of the sheer rationale-busting nature of its interconnectedness---which i tend to forget in my left-brained rush to separate, categorize, make-sense-out-of?

well, i welcome mystery back into my life....may art follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment