Monday, June 21, 2010

dan's typical duck and weave?

so...the kitten is gone----off to a hopefully good home with a local teacher/collector of various canines and felines.

so...i wonder about a moot point for myself, an intellectual notion frozen out of life's organic flow: should i have kept it? was my not keeping it a sensible, pragmatic move or a typical, selfish duck and weave of responsibility?

however, i'm starting to know for myself that responsibility=life...and that i want to embrace life rather than evade it. i want to anchor myself in. not only the tangible, but the sticky, living networks which comprise the stuff of life, without which, i'm concluding, we are withered appendages, unfed, unwatered, atrophied----deprived of aqua vitae.

involvement, in a word....involvement in something at least larger than one's self...i wonder about what it is within me and my society that makes this process so elusive...

No comments:

Post a Comment